View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT,
I just had my 4 yr old yorkie spayed yesterday, plus a dental cleaning. I also had a complete blood panel done on her beforehand, just to make sure she was healthy enough to get through the spaying, sometimes their are things that turn up and the dog could die, without having the bloodwork done, and know if their is a problem. Suzi's bloodwork was really good so that was a relief. I think the only time I would be concerned to spay is my yorkie was under 2 pounds fully grown. The advantages of spaying are numerous. The disadvanatges of not doing it and breeding your yorkie are so risky and dangerous to even the healthiest dog. these are small dogs, and so many problems with breeding, whelping , could occcur it is scary. It is not just yorkie's either, any very small breed , is dangerous to have puppies . When young, our parents lost their pom after having puppies due to bleeding, plus generally these little dogs produce small litters, it just is not worth the chance of losing your precious dog to breeding.
I wish I had Suzi spayed sooner, but was afraid, everything went just fine, and she is doing well. Even if you decide not to breed, and not to spay, their are a lot of medical issues that can insue from not spaying, which I was not aware of. If you spay before 6 months , or before the first heat is the best time to do it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!