View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

To begin with, he does not need them. They are for breeding and create hormones in his body that do effect his personality. He will be able to smell a female in heat from miles away and it will make him unhappy or even hyper and frustrated at times. Un-neutered males tend to try to roam at times in order to seek out a female so he may try to sneak out the door at times. Many dogs that are not neutered will lift their leg to "mark" their territory at the most inappropriate times. I have seen more people with problems with their males marking here on YT than I have ever seen in my life.

It is a very quick and painless procedure for the dog. He will not miss them. It is not as invasive a procedure as what a female has to endure.
If you wait until all his male hormones are in place it takes several months before the advantages of having him neutered will be noticed as it will take a while for the hormones to leave the body. Some of the bad traits are so engrained that they may never leave.

I have noticed that more male humans have a problem with having this done to a dog than females do. Some male humans think it is cruel and painful. The dog's sexual response is different than the human's. Dogs are all about scent while a human male is more about sight. As I said the dog will not have any pain except from a few stitches afterward and that will be gone within a couple of days.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!