View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
Blessedbee
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
Glad that this has worked for him. i have both my guys on Sentinel, and they have never had fleas at all in their entire lives. I like Sentinel, vet perscribed, but I know it is expensive stuff. To me it is worth every penny.
I am so terrified of Sentinel after our vet gave it to our mini schnauzer when he was just a pup. He began having seizures and we finally figured out it was the Sentinel. I only use Frontline Plus now and have not had any problems with it, nor fleas. I do not live in an area (Pacific Northwest) that would have horrid numbers of fleas, anyway, so maybe that is why Frontline Plus always works here for me. I am happy to learn about the other product, Pet Armor that you found. I will look for that in our stores. By the way, good idea about the larger dog size Frontline. I have always purchased the bigger dog size Frontline Plus and my Kipper (less than 3 lbs) should only get .05 ml according to my vet. Dogs under 22 lbs typically get .67mls and dogs 45-88 lbs get 2.68mls. One thing my vet told me about fleas is that many times we forget about the eggs that could be hatching in our vacuum cleaners, so make sure to use some borax in the bag or empty your vacuum outside in the trash, each time you vacuum. I wish you success on getting rid of fleas. They are certainly no fun for any of us, furry or not! And they carry tape worm, among other nasty things.
Blessedbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!