View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
yorkiemel
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Please, please try to find Howie's owner before you say it he came to you for a reason. His owner may be frantic trying to find him or very ill & need this little boy more than anything. I heard of a woman's Yorkie escaping as paramedics were wheeling her husband out to the ambulance and she had to follow him to the hospital as he was critical and she simply could not look for her dog. Some kind soul found him & reported him to Animal Control & the family was reunited!

Did you have the vet scan him for a microchip or look for a tattoo? You must report a lost dog to Animal Control and let them help try to find his owner. You can claim him as your own if the owner never claims him. Small dogs often escape their yards or run out the door and keep running out of freight once they are out in the big world. If you are a true doglover, you must, in good conscience, work hard to find who his true owner is before you can call him yours. I would hope that should you ever find my little Tibbe, you would try to help us reunite.
Yes the vet looked for a chip and didn't find one. He also mentioned that he was neglected for a while because his teeth are really messed up so we will be taking him in for dental work. He also had no collar or dog tag on him. The vet said he needs to be taken care of well since he has been neglected for so long. But I will definitely post up flyers by where we found him to see if anyone lost him!
yorkiemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!