View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I would spay and enjoy your baby for the rest of her life. I have had yorkies for over 40 years and leave the breeding to the experts. I could never put one of my babies through the risk as I have no experience and with Yorkies it takes a lot of experience. It's good you are asking and finding out that breeding yorkies can be dangerous for your baby and expensive. Enjoy your new girl.
It is so good to ask the questions first and find out all about it before just breeding two dogs & then trying to find out. With the prices vets charge today for the testing for breeding worthiness and health of the female, pregnancy care of the female & whelping/new puppy costs, I imagine that the bill can run pretty high should there be any problem at all. Tibbe's vet costs this year are about $3,000.00 and he's a basically healthy dog without a sick day in his life until he had pneumonia & GI problems. I can't imagine what it might cost for a sick mom w/a litter of sick puppies or something like that.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!