View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeylove View Post
I'm really torn whether to spay little zoey or breed her! obviously she is still very young and i have quite a while to make this decision but i just thought i would get as many opinions as possible! the sooner I've made the desicion the better right?
what were your experiences with breeding your yorkie? would you recommend it? or what were the positives in spaying your girl?

:heartwings zoey
Welcome to YT. You are new here, and your little girl is only 3months old or so, I guess.

Your choices are NOT, either spay or breed her, they are Spay or not to spay, irrespective of any breeding decision, then if you decide it is best to keep her intact (due to other overweening health concerns), do you breed her?

Well, unless you have prepared for some time to breed a Yorkie, and have purchased this female on a breeding open registration; I would suggest do not breed her. The choice is yours of course whether or not to spay her.

If you don't have a mentor in place for the whelping, and well just all things breeding; have done none of the studying, have helped out in no whelps, it is extremely dangerous to try and whelp a small breed dog.

Your bitch will need to be health tested, as will the stud, that is not a cheap proposition.

Please if you are not familiar with the breeding world, then acquaint yourself with some of the articles here in this forum, and/or in the YT library
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!