View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
It's good to have a car seat but if you do not have a good secure harness on the dog with a strong connection. Velcro is not going to keep a dog from flying to someone or something.

I prefer to use a sturdy travel crate that is strapped in when doing highway traveling. A car seat will not protect or help your pet if the car is hit hard or rolls over. It is horrible what happens to a pet that goes flying off someone's lap or even out of the car seat when there is an accident. I think people have been satisfied with the fact that the dog is confined to one place and have not checked out or considered what would happen in case of a real accident.
Tibbe travels in his little pink airline crate with stuffed toys in it and seatbelted in. At least it protects from accidental airbag deployment and flying missiles during a highspeed crash and hopefully keeps him in place in the seat.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!