View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #12
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieusa View Post
Congratulations to both of you! I have always loved to garden. This is the first year that I haven't, but I plan to do it again when I have more time. It's a good thing I didn't do it this year. The weather has been abominable! I agree it tastes so much better and it's fun to go out and see how much things have grown everyday. I've done both the ground and raised gardening. I don't really have a favorite. Just love the good things that come from it.
I hear ya. The good thing is that we have the sprinkler system to keep up with the watering otherwise the poor plants would have been long gone.

So far I like the raised bed because we have so many weeds in the back and I am really trying hard to keep the food plants free of any chemicals. I used marigolds to get the bees to pollinate and keep certain pests off plants. My neighbor read that basil plants thwart off certain bugs as well. Knock on wood the only real bug issue I've had were the june bugs (japanese beetles) but they were only here for a couple of weeks. They did do some damage to the beans though.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!