View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #152
4Scrappy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
Hello all again,

Thank you all so much again for your positive energy and love. I've needed it badly. Today I am a little more rested, although Cassie kept barking and waking me up during the night, to hold her. She was whimpering yesterday, but seems better today. I am struggling with many issues, such as what is quality of life if I have to keep Cassie away from Muffin all the time in separate rooms. Is this realistic, or even desirable? They each know the other is in the house and know when I am with one or the other, and they are both so lonely and unhappy. I am so torn going back and forth to each room to give them the time each of them needs. Maybe it would be worth it to take the risk and give Cassie a shot at a normal life and give her the surgery. Or maybe the risk would be leaving them together and only keeping them apart when we go out of the house. We've done okay so far, and Muffin is not aggressive, although she is playful and barks at Cassie to play with her. She can probably be a little rough with Cassie, given Cassie is half her size, but they have lived together so far with no problems, so maybe THIS is the risk worth taking. I don't know, I'm so confused. But this arrangement where they are separated from each other at all times feels wrong to me. So I am contemplating either the surgery, or leaving them together as before except when we go out. What do you guys think?
Have you asked any of the vets what they would do if Cassie were their dog? My husband asks the vets this and it stops their spiel right away. Most vets are compassionate and will tell you honestly. It sounds like you are reasoning it out very well as far as deciding. My prayers are with you. I ask God to send healing Cassie's way and to give you the wisdom and strength to make the right decision. Take care and thanks for the update.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!