Thread: Vet Visit today
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
ancora_imparo
YT Addict

Default Vet Visit today

Note-Jaeger isn't "sick" so I didn't put it in the sick forum-he's got really dry skin, is very itchy, and has started developing big scaly itchy bumps. We went to the vet last month who decided he had "dry skin" and told me to "stop bathing him so much!" (twice the month before, once before the neuter, once two weeks after) and to "condition his coat" (i've been spraying him with leave in spray conditioner every day. She also gave us fish oil and did NOT want us to switch his food. She was convinced it was 'just dry skin' even though when we switched food before it did seem to help him some.

The last time we went in, she suggested if he isn't better this time to put him on allergy pills, which I am NOT going to do right away. He's 7 months old. If we don't figure out what is bothering him, the pills will eventually stop working, and I don't want him on allergy pills the rest of his life if it's something easily avoidable. It doesn't seem to be environment related-we switched detergents and he didn't go outside for two weeks and he still was very itchy.

I'm going to recommend a switch to Acana or Fromm (any other good grain free options would be helpful, those seem kind of expensive compared to what we are used to.) and possibly to Yorkie Splash and shine. I'm really hoping we won't have to switch vets over this.
ancora_imparo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!