Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I've seen the ads & it looks pretty rough & dark but everybody raves about this show!!! What is it about it that makes it sooooo good? Is it the writing, the acting, direction??? Is it really about a guy who is dying & sells drugs or is a hit man or something to leave money for his family? Am dying to find a show to love but don't want to watch something that is - you know - soul-less or just morally low down - well, you get what I'm saying. I watch Dallas and I watched most of The Killing - fastforwarded through some scenes. But everybody just can't get enough of this show BB. I'm SO curious!!! Summer is sooooo long when there isn't much to watch that is new & well-done........
Honestly... I have gotten people addicted to this that NEVER watch shows typically like this. Well come to think of it, there really is no other show like this.

ALL of it... writing, acting, direction, is spot on. There's NEVER been an episode where I've went "yeah RIGHT that wouldn't have happened" and there's never been an episode that left me disappointed.

It's not soul-less at all... or moraless. The commercials may make it seem like that. But it's a very character complex show. Each character goes through their own emotions, and trials & tribulations. They struggle with their decisions and where their life has gone and what it's become.

But yes essentially what it's about is a man, Walter White, who in the first episode gets diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He's already living a bland life, kinda boring marriage, he works as an over-qualified high school chemistry teacher, and he just turned 50. He has a second job at a car wash and a 16yr son with cerebal palsy and a new unexpected baby on the way. His brother-in-law is a DEA agent and he saw how he busted a meth lab and how much money he got, and it gave him the idea.

It does have a few graphic scenes (i.e. there is some murder, and blood) but it's not excessive (like The Walking Dead) and it's not in every episode.

The chemistry between the characters is amazing, the writing, the directing... just everything. Bryan Cranston is amazing. He won 3 Emmy's in a row for his role.

I say just check it out!! I've never met anyone who was disappointed with it, or didn't become addicted.

Last edited by Britster; 07-08-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!