View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #75
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyorktown View Post
We have a coconut cream that you can buy off the shelf...its hardened and packaged, refridgerate after u use it. You just cut off what u need, the rest you can keep in the fridge for months!
I think Nu Pak makes one as does Grace.
My jerk chicken is too die for, although I have to watch how much jerk seasoning i use! Made it for my neighbour for a Karibana party she was having...she didn't tell me mild, medium or hot, she just told me 'jerk this for me'!
well I jerked it all right! (not trying to offend anyone) The um lets say non-west- indian folks were fanning tongues and gulping down water! Tears running down their faces, sweating, the whole nine yards! She is African-American, her dh's family is Scottish! She loved it!
I guess i could have told them water only accentuated the burn/heat, to cool down your taste buds drink milk or eat bread!
I'm evil, I thought it was funny!
The best jerk seasoning to use is 'Walkerswood'...its manufactored in Jamaica...yum!
And you simply must cook it on the BBQ! The oven doesn't give it the same taste.
I will try and dig out the recipe out of the trashcan of my memory.
I'm an old school cook, I dont write anything down!
wow.. jerked chicken YUMMMMMY Remember I live it miami and Jerked chicken here is like hotdogs to other parts of north america lol
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!