Thread: New owner
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
luckey2
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love New owner

Hi everyone,
My hubby and I just bought a Yorky, Friday afternoon on our way home from RVing. We weren't prepared to buy a dog that dat so the breeder too me to the closest Petco to mini puppy royal canine. He also suggested we buy GNC vitamins, but said we could order them much cheaper online. Also, pedialite and plain yogurt. She has her first shots was deformed 3 time with the latest being Jul2. We expected her to have some stress with the travel, etc. she was a good little traveler, and was playful and loving. She has a 10 day guarantee and the breeder asked that we not take her for a vet check for at least a week so that if anything is wrong with her he can take care of it to avoid costly vet bills which he would be responsible for.
We made a make shift bed for her and a place to go potty and had the normal lack of sleep watching over her. The next morning, which was Sat, she refused to eat and was kind of lethargic. Was able to drink water. We chocked that up to a prior big day and the new surrounding. I gave her little bits of the yogurt which she loved. As the day went on she had a reg bowl movement followed by diarrea with long clear worms. I immediately called the breeder as she continued to seem worse. He told me about giving her rice ane the vitamins, which of course, I didn't have as he had said she could wait for me to order them. He said he could met us and take her back to nurse her and either trade for another or get my money back but couldn't meet us for a couple of hours.
In the mean time, she must have heard the conversation (wink) as she suddenly jumping up and down and giving us kisses as if to say please don't give up on me. How could we anyway as she is so precious. We called to tell him we would keeper her another day to see how she does. In the meantime I found the website. Have given her pedialite and the syrup as she will no longer eat any yogurt. We also ground some of her food with the pedialite and gave her a little bit in a dropper. She was drinking water to excess so we took it away. Today her diarrea was foul but did not appair to have any worms. She did vomit the excessive water she drank so we took it away and now give her the pedialite in a dropper. Despite the breeder we will try and take her in tomorrow for a puppy check. I am not sure I can really trust the breeder since she looked much different then the picture that was suppose. The picture show a healthy looking puppy with white and quite a bit of gold. Our puppy is off white with a touch of gold. She is adorable but unkept looking and more like a mut. Is that a normal look for a Yorky when they are only 9 weeks old? Sorry for the long post but I am a nervous new mom and don't want to do anything wrong and make her worse. She is adorable with the little ears that perk up and bend over ane the little tail that curls up. I think she will look just fine after she feels better, has her first bath and a ribbon in her hair. We named her Corky.
I would appreciate all the advise you can give me and thank you for your patients.
luckey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!