View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
YazminD
My ♥, My Soul, My Love
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I would video tape the behavior and show the vet....I do not want to be an alarmist and try to diagnose...I am not a vet and dont want to act like I can diagnose and interpret behaviors just by hearing them...but I would have a vet made aware of it...it may be absolutely nothing, it may have something to do with other issues that need attention.
Thank you Yorkimom1, I really appreciate the suggestion. As I was saying to Sammy Mommy, I never thought to video tape her. I found my video camera last night (I don't use it often) and I will definitely be taking video of her eating and then afterwards to show my vet tomorrow. Knowing I wouldn't be able to see her vet Friday due to my work schedule, I was hoping that someone could shed some light on what I think is an odd behavior.
There was another post I read later that same evening (Royal Canin vs Blue Mountain) that made me realize Yazmin has a few other symptoms that I would've not thought one to be related to the other until now. I could be wrong so I would prefer my vet give his opinion after seeing a video but after reading the replies including your opinion on Royal Canin, I think this may be a problem with her food. Although they have been subtle changes, her eyes are beginning to tear up (I thought was from hair getting into her eyes) and I've noticed her hair breaking, especially on the top of her head and it doesn't seem to be as shiny & healthy! (I thought it was from changing shampoos & hair bands causing damage). These changes, including the loss of appetite (Again, thinking it was due to the hot weather) may have been evolving slowly over the past 4 months since I switched her to the Blue Mountain Wilderness. At this point, I think it's worth a try to change her food. I purchased Royal Canin Yorkshire yesterday and I'm hoping I chose the correct RC. Anyway, I gave her a very small amount and she litteraly wolfed it down, hardly taking time to chew! Hopefully slowly switching her food will solve all of the issues very soon, I'm praying!
YazminD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!