Thread: Hereditary?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Forgot to mention allergies can be alittle tricky also because they can be an environment thing certain pollen, certain food (ie beef for example), even grass a Maltese/Yorkie mix that I pet groom has that problem yet her litter sister doesn't.
Some have blamed the vaccination protocol of yearly vaccinations has compromised the immune system creating allergy problems. You can google vaccination problem protocol and read the info there. You can also consult your Vet making the Vet aware you know there can be problems.
I think however, if I had a dog that had severe allergy problems, I would not use it in a breeding program.
I also forgot roachy topline. I would be hard pressed to keep it in a breeding program as I know it will haunt me further down the line even if that roachy sire or dam produce a straight topline. You won't get a straight topline if both parents are roachy. I wouldn't consider keeping a male with a bad topline regardless of the pedigree etc behind him.
Remember there are many Yorkies in breeding programs that are good conformation and in this breed, a level topline is an important breed standard.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!