View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
pfftttt....honestly, the best dinners you can get are at the Bellagio buffett, the Rio and Caesars buffetts.

If your into decent basic home cooked type meals the Impala buffett for breakfast and lunch is a regular for me.

Also another good restaurant is the one at the PLAZA overlooking freemont street, can't remember the name for some reason...but if you get stuck pm me. Theres not a place in Vegas I don't know about!

If you go to the Stratosphere they have a decent restaurant too, toward the back..um, you also could hop the shuttle to Sam's and have a nice dinner, you can pick that up at the Rio or on the corner just past Harrah's...anything else you need to know?

Oh wait, Good Lord if you go to the Paris, make sure you stop and see the guy who sells the Paris ceramic souvenier balloons with a drink in it...he hits on everyone...but I love his voice...Fernando...send him my love...ok? thanks!
I don't care for the Bellagio buffet. Or the Wynn or Cosmopolitan. Rio used to be good but not anymore. We did use our comp for the Mandalay bay buffet for brunch, and it was not bad! Warmed crab legs, yummy eggs benedict with the richest hollandaise sauce I've ever had. The buffet at M resort is still the best with the best value. $23 for dinner and the prime rib was perfect! Just the prime rib alone I would have paid that.

The restaurant you are talking about at the Plaza is Oscar's. Heard about it, but didn't try it. Maybe next time. We have to go again for business in Sept. Also in downtown, Du Par's is not the same anymore. The pancakes used to have this wonderful crunchy crust that would stay crunchy even to the end. This time it was soft and soggy from first bite. Also their turkey sausages are dreadful. Bland city.

So Stripsteak was TERRIBLE! Had the foie gras tasting menu. Since it's now illegal in CA to sell it I wanted some in LV. If it had been an Iron Chef challenge, Michael Mina would have lost! The only dish that you could taste the foie in was the only dish where it was served whole and grilled. The other dishes you could not even taste it. On top of that, the server was annoying. Asking if we were done with a dish by saying "Are you still enjoying that?" If I was, the plate would be clean. Obviously it's not good otherwise I would have finished it. Music selection was equally terrible.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!