View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
CesarTheGreat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Flea epidemic! Anybody use Petarmor?

Cesar picked up some fleas about a month and a half ago. I gave him a dose of frontline. Few days later, he's still itching but I don't see any fleas on his belly or armpits, etc... So in the meantime we moved to another house. Well last night he's itching like crazy. I had been checking him daily for fleas and saw nothing until today. So I called the vet to see what I should do and they just recommended frontline which can be applied each month (I thought it was 3 months).

So I went to Meijer to pick up some front line and saw this stuff called PetArmor next to it. Ingredients looked the same so I got that instead (It was on sale for $21.99 and appeared to be a generic form of frontline).

So I put it on him today and am hoping for the best. The vet said to be sure to vacuum very well. I asked about a flea collar and she said they're useless, if anything just put it into the vacuum so that it will kill any fleas it sucks up.

FYI I noticed the ingredients for the small dogs and XL dogs was the same, just the packets are larger for xl dogs. So I got the xl box (same price, 5x the amount of product) and just empited it into an old frontline vile and put .65ml on his back. It appeared to be the best way to get the most product for my money.

Anybody have any suggestions on helping with these fleas? And has anybody used petarmor?

We have a bit of sand behind the garage and am thinking there may be fleas in it. He spends a lot of time back there, as that is where his friends hang out and bark through the fence.

BTW, I tried that hartz "flea and tick remover" and that does squat but make him stink like chemical. That stuff is worthless.

Last edited by CesarTheGreat; 07-06-2012 at 11:04 AM.
CesarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!