View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
How did the teeth cleaning go? Aparently toy breeds are very susitable when it comes to their teeth needing to be cleaned or extrated. My Suzi who is 4 yrs old has one bad tooth, we noticed a bad oder coming from her mouth, and the vet wants to clean hers, and possibly have it removed. i am going to have her spayed at the same time, on the 11th this month. She will have a complete blood work done first just to make sure she can handle the surgery. I am starting to get a little anxious about her surgery, but know she will be in great hands by our vet , they are accredited vet hospital, the only one in the county that is. Still , thought it is very nerve racking. This is my sons service dog, and if anything happens to her, gosh I cannot even go therI hope your girl is doing well. Did you need to feed her wet food for a while? Or did she need any pain meds?
I'm wondering this too...Toki gets raw medallions in the morning and kibble at night so I was thinking I could probably just feed her the softer raw full-time until her mouth heals? I'm not sure though.

I just had to schedule her for a dental/tooth extraction since her top baby canines still haven't fallen and aren't even budging! I was going to put it off as long as possible but so much of her food, treats, and even threads from her rope toys get stuck in between her adult and retained canine teeth. I try to be vigilant about brushing but the vet recommended that we go ahead and take them out since we're risking tartar build-up and sometimes her gums look a little inflamed where the teeth are squeezed together I'm just worried about having her put under again...she was spayed back in March and now we're having another procedure this coming Tuesday
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!