Thread: Cooling mats?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmum View Post
Aha! I've been looking at getting one of these - but for ME!!!

Been thinking along these lines to put inside my pillow case....it's an age thing....

Please can you let me know how you and the bubs get along with it? Thank you ma'am! Sally x
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritapatt View Post
My two like to hang out by the neighbors fence, so I put a couple clay tiles for them to stand on. In the house we have porcelian tile throughout so they stretch out on the floors. Maybe a couple of big marble or quartz tiles from the clearance rack at the tile store placed in random places would help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to Hot Rod View Post
lol, I did buy this for myself! lol

I saw these on QVC (tv shopping club) and it was for 2 mats for you to sit on. As we boat a lot, I thought this might be good. They do work and work great.

As and all things, ours, they wound up going to the dogs, literally. lol I gave them up for Maggie May and Hot Rod to use while out on the boat as well as in the house. Maggie is my winter baby, she does notlike to be hot at all and will actually climb out of her bed and lie on the kitchen tile. I have these placed in the sunroom and in the kitchen for them. They love it.

We need to start a club for "people of a certain age"!! I tried the people- one years ago that you put inside your pillowcase. It didn't work very well for me. Just didn't stay cool long enough and made the pillow heavy. They may have improved them over the last few years, though. I now have a mattress pad that has some kind of gel in it that is advertised to keep you cooler at night. Actually, it really works! When I get too warm in one spot, I shift my legs or body into another cooler spot and it feels SO GOOD! It was about $150. I got it at Denver Mattress when I bought my new mattress last year. When my husband lays on it, he complains because it's too cold for him!

If anyone has one that works really well inside the pillowcase, please let me know how the name of it and where to purchase it. I'm one hot mamma!

I think the tile idea for the dogs is a great idea! I notice Betty Boop always laying on our kitchen porcelain tile and the entryway tile. She's just like her mamma (except I don't lay on the tile, at least not yet, anyway ..........OKay, I'm getting a visual here! )

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!