Thread: Limping episode
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Well I'm not sure how old Deuce is, but LP is easily palpated by a vet at 12wks old. So you should have some idea if the vet did examine his knees and at what point they did so. Everytime Razzle goes to the vet his knees are palpated. LP is such a common thing in all toy breeds that is seems to be standard examination protocol for general vets to do.

Lifting both rear legs to go is interesting, obviously he is in pain in either one or both rear legs. And please tell this to your vet about lifting to both rear legs to urinate.

In terms of when to go, I would have already made an appointment. I still would want my vet to look at my boy tomorrow or as early as I could get in.
Deuce is 2 1/2 now. The Vet has always checked his knees at visits. In April she said she thought she felt something slip but when she tried again it felt normal. I did not note which leg it was.

When I said lifting both rear legs I didn't mean at the same time. I meant that sometimes he pees with the right leg up and sometimes he pees with his left leg up. That's not a problem, or is it? Additionally, When he pees on the pad in the basement he pees like a girl.

He seems to be fine today but cautious.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!