View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
If you use the hospital supply pads or the washable pads you might want to buy a liquid house breaking aid to put on them. The puppy can smell it and it attracts them to pee on the pad. Some of the commercial disposable pee pads already have the pads treated with the scent. Some of them must not have a very good scent on them because they do not attract the puppy. A good one really does the job though. Dogs are very scent motivated and love to pee where they smell that particular scent. Thankfully, humans cannot smell it.
Brandi was already used to the disposable potty pads so when I bought the washable pads, I just placed the disposable on top of the washable for a few days. I was little nervous after washing it the first time because I was afraid Brandi wouldn't use it but she continues to use it even after washing it several times. I think location is definitely the key.

If I were to move the washable pad to another location, Brandi would stop using it so it remains where I don't want it to be but hey she's not peeing all over my hardwood floors.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!