View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I might be a bit worried about cardiac issues if she was breathing like that at rest. It really is very hot and humid right now and that can set them off....but after an hour I don't know.

Hate to be an alarmist, but I had a pup do that and it was congestive heart failure. Usually they don't improve like she did, but I would still be a bit wary.

I cannot imagine gas causing that...suppose anything is possible but I have two pups who tend to be gassy and they do not breathe rapidly.
You said what I was thinking. My first Yorkie had an enlarged heart. From time to time, he would just start breathing funny when he was at rest. There didn't even seem to be any pattern of when it happened or when it didn't.

One night, I had a bunch of Christmas presents to wrap, and I made several (like six or seven) very quick trips across the house and up and down the stairs, gathering the gifts and the wrapping materials to do the job upstairs. He matched me step for step, and never showed any sort of distress or breathing problems, TOTALLY normal after all that activity. The next day I had him at the vet for a semi-annual exam and mentioned his sometimes strange breathing, and the vet did a chest X-ray and found the enlarged heart and fluid in his lungs.

I would get a simple chest X-ray, just to be safe.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!