View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy-yorkie View Post
She does tend to overeat. Before I left for work yesterday, she ate her food and Busters. I never thought about burping her...lol. I had read about the Mylecon, but never tried it. She does have a lot of gas. Would all of this cause her heavy, quick breathing? Now I feel bad about taking her on the walk. She probably just wanted to lay down and sleep it off. Her heavy breathing concerns me, maybe it's because sometimes I have to touch Buster to see if he is breathing.
The heavy breathing (panting) I think is from pain. I think most people know how painful gas cramps can be. My Finny almost passed out the first time I saw it happen to her. I had no idea what was going on...I thought she was dying! I rushed to pick her up, and as soon as her head was higher than her butt, she let out a very foul, sour smelling burp. She was drooling a bit, but her gums were pink and her heartrate was okay. I put her down and she trotted off, laid down and went to sleep. I stayed up to watch her, but her panting had stopped after the burp, and she seemed fine. Ever since then I started burping her after meals. I also keep Bloat Buster from Nature's Farmacy on hand now too. It's Simethicone and a Yucca extract made specifically for dogs.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!