Thread: Food confusion
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
Yep yep. You don't have to use these specific brands that we've suggested, but when you look at the ingredients list, you don't want to see corn, wheat, or soy (I prefer not at all but definitely not as the primary ingredient...they are fillers and a potential source of allergies). You want some type of meat as the first couple of ingredients like deboned chicken or chicken meal (the "meal" should have the type of animal specified, not just a generic mystery "meat meal").

My personal preference is to stay away from Chinese products as much as possible. It's hard to tell just by looking at the labels so you have to contact the companies yourself although many members here have already done that which is helpful. I also prefer smaller companies. For whatever reason in my mind, I feel like they will be more thorough with quality control or at least not have their products produced in 20 million different plants/facilities.

Those are just basic things I look at and the reason I'm currently feeding Fromm.

WELL SAID
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!