Thread: Food confusion
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
From Petsmart, my top pick is Blue Buffalo. Toki was on a couple different kinds...she ate the chicken and oatmeal for puppies and the grain-free Wilderness for puppies (she's currently eating from Fromm's grain-free line). My sister's picky yorkie has done very well on the Salmon Wilderness and the Small Breed Wilderness. My parents' beagle back home is on the BB Weight Control chicken and brown rice. All of our dogs have done well...soft, shiny coats and good stools. BB can be too rich and not agree with some dogs but this has not been my experience.

I'm sure others have suggestions too! It might be worth looking online for other dog foods too...you can find some pretty good deals!
Agree 100%. I've always been a long time fan of the Blue Buffalo company. It's the food that has always worked the absolute best for my dog. She has been on several different brands of food throughout the first year or so of her life. Once I started her on the BB Wilderness, there was no looking back, soft shiny coat, always a great appetite, tons of energy...My parents new puppy just finished the transition to BB Small Breed Puppy and is doing wonderful on the food.

But as stated above, BB is a very rich food and doesn't work for all pets. When changing foods especially from a cheap quality such a Purina, make sure to transition slowly as to not upset their stomach.
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!