View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
sugarmamma
Donating YT 18K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiewerYorkie View Post
We had quite a scare today. Zachary is 19 weeks, his best buddy, Sir Yumble, a Japanese Chin who will be a year old on August 11, play together for hours. Today, they were playing and I heard Zachary bark a strange bark I had not heard before.

Because of health problems and medication side effects, I sit in my recliner a lot with my feet up. I am always very careful to make sure none of the kids are laying underneath before putting my feet down (I count to be sure I see 6 little heads).

Somehow Zachary got under the chair and caught in the metal part underneath. He did NOT have his collar on!!!!! He only wears it when we take him outside. But he could not get out. He was caught.

I had to get out of the chair before we could get him out but I couldn't get out till HE was out. If I lowered the foot part, he would be crushed. My husband could not get him out. Finally, by putting a kitchen chair under the foot rest, I was able to, with much struggling, get out of the chair. Then we were able to get him out.

What is frightening is that if Zachary had not cried that unusual cry and Sir Yumble had not acted worried, I could have KILLED HIM!!! He is so little, a tad over 4 pounds. If my husband had not been there......another potential deadly disaster. Now I am scared to use the recliner. I have also learned that my decision to NOT use his collar in the house was a good one. The collar could have gotten caught and strangled him.

We have to be so careful and anticipate everything that MIGHT happen. To think that a freak accident could have killed my sweet baby.......OMG......! It is like having a toddler at the age of almost 65!

Be careful my friends. Anticipate the unexpected with your babies. I could be in mourning right now but thank god, I was spared that.

A shaken,
Louise

Could you use a chair with an ottoman instead?

OMG I would be so shaken and so thankful to have Zachary come out unscathed
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!