View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
courtney1121
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Night time craziness!!!

So Geno has been a terror at night recently. My boyfriend has been staying with me for about a week and we've probably each lost over an hour of sleep from him. He's normally not like this too often when it's just me and him. Mainly he wakes us up any where from 2am-5am with play bites on our hands and excessive barking at us. When we try to go near him to pick him up to calm him down, he runs under the bed. Then he'll shoot back out in a barking frenzy. No idea what his deal is. We give him treats to see if that's what he wants but he just goes back to barking afterwards.

I took him outside around 5am today, he sniffed around for a little but no potty. He usually goes on his potty pad during the night anyways but I figured maybe a little outside time will chill him out. Well I took him back in and he's back to his barking frenzy. My boyfriend is convinced it's him so he leaves the room to sleep on the couch but Geno just keeps barking from the bedroom (we gate him in there at night). I tell him to come to bed but nope, not having it. I would normally let him just bark it out but I have a girl living below me and I really do not want him to wake her up. He's such a night terror!!! Any advice?

Join today and remove this ad!