View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
4Scrappy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Tears both happy and sad

There is lump in my throat as I read all your good wishes! Bringing Cassie home was the best therapy for helping us deal with our grief over Alice. I felt a little guilty thinking it's only been a few weeks, but Alice did come to me in a dream and tell me it was OK. The breeder we got Cassie from was also where Alice came from so maybe she knew there was a baby there who needed a home. Cassie is so cute! Her huge ears don't stand up. I used to be a floppy ear snob. I taped ears that didn't stand up right and here she is with floppy ears that are going to stay. Her little tongue sticks out the side of her mouth but that face is SO CUTE! She slept on me most of Saturday, her first day and also Sunday. We took her outside a few times. From being mostly in a crate her whole life, she is so well-trained! She held it all day and when she finally squated down, we were so relieved. She went for a long time so I know she's used to holding it. We trained our dogs to stay in the yard. We don't have a fence but we are ALWAYS out with them. We were worried Cassie might bolt, but she didn't. We put a leash on her just in case but she never made a move to leave. Now she just follows the other babies and comes right back in. She is at the groomers right now. My husband is retired so he is their daytime babysitter (sorry, honey, I know you do much more than that!). Cassie has a lovely coat and I do have some pictures of her with it long, but we want to see what's under all that hair. We keep our other babies in a "puppy cut" so that's what she is getting. My husband stayed a few minutes to see how she would do and our groomer loved her right away. He said Cassie did not flinch, even when her nails were trimmed. We brought Pink to stay with her for moral support. Ziggy is still being mad at Cassie. I know he will adjust and get used to her. She tried to play but he growled at her. She just turned and walked with her head held high. She is such a sweetie! Later this week, we will take her to the vet but she only needs one more booster that we will get from the breeder, and spayed eventually too. We are going to have to fight with the vet about the annual vacs. Our breeder also said they over-vaccinate and should be only every three years at most. I know there are others fighting this fight. Well, my lunch is over so I better get to work. I just wanted to THANK YOU ALL for your wonderful welcome and comfort for Alice and cheers for Cassie. It is appreciated more than I can say. I will get pictures posted ASAP.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!