View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4m2 View Post
I can understand how you feel on some level. Years ago we had a baby shower for my Daughter. There was a certain family who had a history for not being too thoughtful when it came to reciprocating. But it didn’t matter to us they get invited for the company. When it came time to open their gift it was a baby pj in a plastic frame type package. The card had all of their names attached to this one gift, that would be the four of them. My daughter thanked them and went on with the events. After they all left we were admiring some of the gifts when my daughter picked up the pj. package . It was then she noticed the sticker on the back, it was from Big Lots. We just laughed about it, they sure are consistent …..

Every time a family member is disappointed or annoyed with a friends (or family members) behavior I always ask them if this behavior is out of the ordinary. Every time they will respond that it is not, that it is typical. Then I tell them so why are you expecting something different??? You got exactly what is their norm, stop expecting something you never got in the first place. It makes life a little easier if we stop putting *our* expectations on others......
Wonderfully put!
You inadvertantly solved one of my miffs.
We have a close family friend always end up hosting the get togethers so we feed everyone, bring the party supplies etc.
We buy their kids all the super cool new toys on occasions etc.

On the rare occasion she hosts its potluck and everyone either brings their own extras or its whatever was cheapest or not at all...

We're not having them at a fourth of July party this year, we're done supplying everything for their good time.

Worse part they live off family members while they make more with one of their incomes than we do total household incomes combined.

I appriciate a frugal person but not a cheap one.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!