View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
veggienut
YT 500 Club Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Your dog probably has bloody stool because you offered him a "buffet" of different foods and always seem to be changing around and having issues with foods.

And no, I would never feed marshmellows purposely as a treat, or part of a staple diet. Jackson has eaten the occasional dropped mini marshmellow with no ill effect, however I can't imagine feeding them day after day as a staple treat.

As for the OP, we use grain-free soft and chewy Buddy Biscuits. Low fat, low calorie, and I break them up into tiny pieces. And he loves the flavor of them! These are what we tend to use most in terms of dog treats. Sometimes I'll buy something else. He gets a Zuke's Hip Action treat every night before bed. And for a high value reward (i.e. to get him into the bath) we use little bits of string cheese or plain chicken.

I was only offering him a buffet of small amounts of foods to find out which food he prefers better. The Vet told me this a long time ago. When I have changed foods, the bag was 1/2-3/4+ gone before I would switch a food. I didn't switch every day, week, etc. Also, my Vet does not believe in the "grain-free foods" that are out there now. Dogs need carbs like us humans~!
veggienut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!