View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #15
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
She's not too small to brush her teeth. My Jilly was only 3 lbs. as a grown dog & I brushed her teeth. I use the same kind for Tibbe. I use a cat toothbrush that has only about a 1/2 long head - it might be shorter in length than that & it is thinner than anything else out there, too. I was using a baby toothbrush on Jilly before I found the tiny cat toothbrush. You must brush her teeth to prevent her losing more each year and being in pain if she has caries or gum disease. Just look at the cat toothbrushes at several petstores until you find the one with the very tiny head. It has a long handle but the head is tiny. Then buy a food-flavored dog toothpaste & she will even enjoy the taste. She won't love you brushing her teeth but with that yummy-tasting toothpaste & tiny brush, at least she will tolerate it daily.
My vet gave me a cat toothbrush. That's what I was using when I "brushed out" his baby tooth I still have it. I think I'm going to revisit that instead of the dental pads/wipes. Yoshi is older now & he's used to having me poke around in his mouth. Maybe it will work out better for us this time around. Can anyone recommend a really good yet palatable toothpaste? The dental wipes I'm using now are mint. One more thing...are you supposed to change a doggie's toothbrush once a month just like you would a person's? Thank you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!