Thread: social skills
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Pinky94
YT Addict

Don't get me wrong, I think it is beyond weird for him to be so attached to his parents at 23. I'm 24 and I wouldn't tag along with my parents for a night with their friends. Maybe that's just me, but I think that would be the general consensus for people in our age group. It's weird, for sure. Obviously I don't know you or even seen your posts before, it just came off as a bit ungrateful to me, BUT I did forget about them insinuating you should wait until 9 to feed them. Of course you think your daughter is beautiful and smart, no mom will think their kid is stupid and ugly, and I'm not saying that she isn't those things, I'm sure she is, but it just seemed mean to me to be like oh my daughter is superior to him bc of her intelligence and looks so why should she date their loser kid? Not your words, of course, but that's how it came off to me. I didn't mean to make you feel guilty, I just sincerely didn't understand why everyone was outraged at something so petty that I honestly didn't even feel there was anything wrong to begin with. No shame in venting, we all need to from time to time. I don't know you or them, just my objective view on the situation. With that being said, I was under the impression that you were closer friends, not that you had never been to their house and they had only been to yours a few times. Or that their son always comes along to your dinners together. Dude needs to get a life of his own, lol, so maybe they were just hoping your daughter could help. Who knows. Just my opinion. Like I said, didn't mean to make you feel guilty so sorry if it came off that way.
Pinky94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!