Thread: social skills
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

You are right... I am making jest at my former neighbor’s expense. I guess Ithought it was safe to do so here because never in a 100 years would they seethis.

Of course when telling a short story parts are always missing. The son isnot a picky eater. We have never been invited to their house for dinner, andvery few times have they been to our house. Whenever we go out to dinner theson comes along. Sorry.. not sure if that is even healthy for his age (in my opinion).I fed them the night they came over to move, and another night they just showedup (take out because I wasn't prepared to feed 3 additional people).. you areright it is ok to ask what is for dinner.. but this feeling it was being"judged" just hit me wrong. And to ask to delay the dinner to 9:00for the son because the time the invitation was set was inconvenient?

It was my error to let it bug me. I vented here to just get it off mychest..and not let it become an issue between us. As far as to the amount offood I served... It was my error on the third night because I should have beenbetter prepared.

I am sorry if I came across as mean spirited and ungrateful, but I am sorryI still think they "bent" a few social rules.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!