Thread: social skills
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Omg social skills

I have a friend.. she and her husband were neighbors of our from a house we move from about 10 years past. We have kept in touch and they are the very best people you could find. Very loyal, helped me when Alan was so sick and all. But...

They do not have social skills! I love them so I just have to laugh most of the time. I vent.. and forget!

We moved a few months ago and I needed help arranging my furniture. A lot of my furniture is large and heavy. They - yes they are THAT nice-- cam over last week and we unpacked and moved almost everything.

I invited them to dinner last night as a way of saying THANK YOU!! This is the funny part... I get a text from her on Thursday asking me what was for dinner because her son (23 year old) didn't know if he wanted to come ..it depended on what I was serving I said .. chicken. I know it was mean of me not to go into more detail but geeezzzee

Then on Friday she called and said her son could not make it till 8:30 or 9:00.. inplying we could wait dinner.. I said we could fix a plate-- she asked me to be sure not to put sauce on his... then I told her I was making a casserole with mushrooms and artichokes.. she said "don't bother . . he wont like it"

Is it me? Is that odd? They showed up without a "hostess" gift (I always take a bottle of wine or a dessert or salad) they ate so much there wasn't any left for their son lol

Ok.. don't venting.. I do know they are great people, just don't have social skills.

Last edited by Lil Sis; 06-30-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!