View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiNumber_H View Post
I have had an do have complete patience to handle Bubba, I praise him constantly, he gets so much of my attention through out the day. His exercise includes me playing with him one on one, letting him explore while I garden or tend to the chores on the property, he always stays by my side, a good little side kick. Twice a week we have a play date with a female yorkie that is one week older than him, she is a runner, so we fence in part of the lawn a 12'x12' area, she will sit or lay down when tired and he just won't. My girlfriend Sam, just comments, is he always like that? Although her little girl is a runner I find myself full of envy that she has enough sense to lay down. Now I use the term sense loosely.

Bubba cannot be happy with living like this, whatever causes him to pace, once he gets going, just consumes him. I bathe him once a week, groom him daily, I will tell him "down, more down " until he is on his side relaxed, then give him a doggy massage several times a week. Our Lab will lay for an hour and just enjoy it, Bubba will lay and as I praise him he attempts to get up, like okay, I'm done right. I don't have to raise my voice I just say more down and continue and all the while he is ready to just bounce right up.

In over my head, possibly, but not due to stress or stress being passed on to Bubba, what I was asking for is probably more along the lines of professional or advice through experience. I will calling dog behaviorists latter on this morning.

oh,poor little guy. it sounds you are doing the right things but poor little bubba has some serious issues. i think the fact that you are contacting a professional that deals with behaviorial issues is a great idea...
also maybe talking to your vet about it.
has bubba been to the vet recently for a wellness check ?
sometimes an illness will make them act kinda weird..
i know it is really difficult but try to keep a positive attitude.
i have 3 dogs and i know they can try your patiences at times.
keep me posted on bubbas progress..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!