View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattinumber_h View Post
i have not posted in quite sometime, unfortunately it has been a rough couple of months. Bubba who had a few issues, taken from mom too soon, he had teeth and his brother did not, aggressiveness and lack of bite inhibition, both resolved thankfully.

The breeder that i got him from, had to have dna test for the sire and so the akc papers were a bit delayed. When they arrived, the breeder was not the name listed... I had a weird feeling about bubba and the other boy not being with their mom, now i feel as though i have don't have real story. Regardless i love bubba, my husband has however had his fill, there seems to be a much bigger problem.

Potty training, has been our last and biggest challenge it seemslike, bubba can go 3 or 4 days sometimes without an accident, but when he slips up, he totally loses it. He is crated, exercised three times a day, fed on a strict schedule and a victim of agoraphobia, i am home 95% of the time with him, so no excuses right? Wrong.

Unless bubba is asleep, he cannot be still, he has no concept of sitting and observing or laying to relax, he paces frantically when you aren't there to command him to sit or lay.
First test: I can run him around for two hours straight, he's emptied his bladder, i crate him, set up a camera, leave and he paces in the crate until he has worked something lose and soils himself. His crate is only big enough for him to lay, stretch and turn around comfortably.
Second test: Bubba uses a graveled area near a lawn to do all of his business, i got his expen to overlap the lawn and gravel so he can have free time, the area is 5'x5' with his toys, sticks, water etc. I go inside and pull up a chair and proceed to watch, i could not believe my eyes, he paced back and forth, at one point running in circles, no interest in toys or water even when he began to pant. Window open, i would give a command sit or lay and follow with praise, only for him to get up and pace frantically again. My husband said, leave him out there, he has to figure it out, two hours later bubba is laying down, wow i said, dh was right! Wrong. Bubba had paced on the gravel, facing away from my voice/house until his rear pads bled. Bubba didn't even have the sense to stay on the soft lawn. I felt horrible, and even worse because my husband has since left it all up to me.

Dh says sell him, return him, give him away, i don't care, he consumes you and is a filthy animal that will always soil himself. By the way, i am also borderline ocd/mysophobic (germaphobe) and so is dh, i can't say loving bubba makes me anymore tolerant of the messes, i honestly feel like i have a responsibility, i am not the type of person to quit, and this has truly tested me and my marriage.

What, do i never get to have a life, because i bought a "puppy mill" brokered, seemingly disturbed yorkie? Has anyone out there had a similar issue? Please help, i don't want to re-home bubba, i couldn't, how could i pass that on to someone else. The 5% of the time i do leave my home, grocery store and weekly lunch or dinner date with my dh.

Also, if i can get bubba diagnosed with an affliction due to puppy mill syndrome, is the breeder/broker liable for behaviorist fees and medication if needed? Bubba is 8 months old, i'm sure there is a statute of limitations. I really appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this, i have gotten so much help from this website and look forward to some advice/support.
wow, i am so sorry but i really dont know how to answer this. No harsh judgement intended but it seems to me you are in over your head.

I think this little dog is as stressed out as you. It really doesn't seem like a healty enviorment. You mentioned your husband wanted you to sell / give away /return the dog.
Have you considered a yorkie rescue. They would address all these issues and find him a home ....

I am not a breeder but i don't think the breeder is responsible for anything other than specific medical issues..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!