View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Ok, so now I had a good long talk with the vet, in person.

Mini's bloodwork is all supernormal. Her kidney number is 2 points below the norm but apparently this is a good thing.

Her cytology report came in fine and she said she got right in to both lymphnodes and got real good samples.

We are going to treat her with antibiotics, as she does have an UTI. We are also going to add some pain meds because her LP is pretty bad. Miss Mini, when sick, or in pain rarely shows any prominent symptoms. She has been ill more than not, so she adapts quickly and well. Its why I take her temp every couple days as well.

In consulting with the Ortho and dentist, they feel that Miss Mini is just not a good candidate for a dental or LP right now.

When Mini is at the dr. she allows them to do ANYTHING they want, so her teeth were examined carefully. They do NOT see anything at all remarkable, except for the fact that not one is loose and no plaque! They did NOT say it couldn't be a dental issue, but they don't strongly suspect it either. I told them about Teddy, 107Barney's dog and they said this absolutely can happen, but before they can do a dental or LP surgery they have to get those lymphnodes down as they will NOT do any surgery unless its emergency until they are down. They are going to wait 2 weeks and if they are still enlarged, they will consult with Cornell.

Any thoughts?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!