View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Deadbug
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Embarassed I'm finally going to do it.

With Gabby being such a tiny dog I've been apprehensive to spay her. In fact, I was pretty set that I wasn't going to do it simply because I didn't want to put her under anesthesia.

Her birthday is today. She's 2 now and the last 2 years have been one thing after another, mostly upset tummy that caused her to dehydrate several times. Once she had a cold. Nothing serious, but each time it weakened her enough that we couldn't do anything else. Even vaccines were put on hold. We've been waiting until she was stable and healthy, put on a bit of weight and now it's time.

She needs a dental desperately. Baby teeth that need to be extracted. Any time we've tried in the past, she wasn't strong enough where we didn't feel putting her under was a good idea. But she's been great for the past 6 months, active, healthy and eating well. Hasn't put on much weight, but you can't win them all.

Since I have to put her under to fix, polish and seal those teeth, I might as well do the spay. I'm, a nervous wreck! I have a great vet. He's held my hand through a lot and I have confidence in him, but I can't help but to worry. What if something goes wrong? She's going in Monday morning. That's SO soon. I've heard horror tales of the tiny ones having complications. What if that happens to my Gabby? My life has been so rich because of her. I just can't bear the thought of losing her.

Here's hoping I don't chicken out again. *big deep breaths*
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!