View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
When the intestines become inflammed, as they do during a bout of colitis, it is common to see blood with the stool. The jelly/mucousy stuff may be a part of the lining of the intestines, which is normally shed when the intestines are irritated and inflammed. It's important to get them on antibiotics to prevent infection.

Praying for little Princess..
I was asking bc Princess has been shedding/ losing hair & she has very bad breath even tho she got her teeth cleaned. I think it's coming from her insides. She also loves to rub her face on the grass that had something stinky on it (probably dead). She also grazes on grass, basically spends a lot of time w/her head on the ground when we go for walks.
Since the colitis is reoccurring & she has all the symptoms do you think it's whip worms? I ask bc whip worms are so hard to detect in fecal tests (& they infest the large intestines), it always comes out negative (her tests). Should I use panacure anyway? Does a dog infected w/whip worms have blood only @ the end of their poo? or is it all bloody, mixed in? (this I forgot to ask the vet) He also checked the end of the thermometer & said it was good that there was no blood on it.
We've been to 2 different vet hospitals (from her previous episode) & the vets doesn't seem too concerned about whip worms & her stinky breath at all...am I being paranoid? lolll I want to know WHY she's got such stinky poo poo breath...she doesn't eat poo. My regular vet said it can be acid reflux but it's not that bad & she doesn't need meds for it unless it gets worse. Does having acid reflux give stinky breath? What does acid reflux breath smell like anyway? Maybe I should just put her on acid reflux meds to see if the stinky breath goes away? Or maybe I should stop googling? lolll Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited by mimimomo; 06-26-2012 at 01:28 PM.
mimimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!