View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Smile Update--sorry this is so long

Hello all,

I spoke to Tamera, and she spoke with the ER doc. First she says not to panic, Cassie has been like this for her whole life and she says she does not believe it is an emergency. The issue with her liver she believes to be minor, and will retest her bile acids in her office where there is much less stress. She says because they were elevated both times she believes they could be elevated due to stress. For the hydrocephalus she states she is willing to try to see if the omeprazole helps her with a trial of several weeks. The AAI, she wanted to know what I would do with the information from an MRI if I got it. Would I consider surgery? She said there are other things we can do before surgery, like PT or chiropractic medicine, or other modalities. It will not cure her, but it would strengthen her neck muscles. I told her I would definitely do the surgery if I were convinced she would survive, and there would be a good outcome, and she would gain many years of quality life. She told me she is going to consult with other vets to see what is the best course of action. She also stated that I should go to VSH, but to wait for her recommendations as to which doctors to see. I would be willing to do both, the wholistic route, with physical therapy and maybe some chiropractic if it is not too dangerous to her neck, and also explore possible surgery to see if it were possible with her, and weigh the benefits and risks to see if it were worth it. She is also going to talk with Dr. Feinberg after he sees the consultant on Wednesday and the look at the X-rays. So we are in a waiting game so far. I am doing the china doll treatment and handling Cassie with kid gloves. I remembered while talking with Tamera, that when I first got Cassie, she was so squiggly that I couldn't hold on to her, and the first week, she practically jumped out of my hands on to the laminate floor. I mean a hard wood like floor. How could she survive that with this AAI diagnosis? I am amazed at all the things and tests and surgeries and stuff that she has been through and survived with this diagnosis. I simply don't know what to make of it. But I am babying her as usual. And terrified to groom her --or even when she shakes her head. Can't wait to talk with Tamera again. I will call for an appointment with Tamera tomorrow. Keep us in your prayers.
Much love,
Shellie, Cassie,and Muffin
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!