View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
OP, I am with your vet on this one. It sounds like she has had the same issues for some time and no one noticed them. I am a bit surprised because the head bobbing would be a clue for a vet to suspect a neuro issue....unless I have misread this and this is a new thing.

Unless I am reading this wrong, I would definitely not rush to do anything. You have time to get her properly diagnosed and come up with a plan. Just handle her with kid gloves...sounds like you already do that.
Yes Ladyjane,
you got it right. This is NOT a new condition. Yes, you are right, I do handle her with kid gloves, like a china doll as someone else posted. I too am surprised that no one said anything about her head bobbing. I don't think it is very pronounced, but I do think it is noticeable. Oh, well, there is one vet who makes house visits and who came to the house and mentioned the hydrocephalus thing, and said I should go to VHS for a neuro work up. He knows the neurologist there and told me to give him a call when I wanted to go there for the neuro exam and he would talk with the doctor who was his classmate, and tell him to treat us with extra special care. I had every intention to do that, but with so many other health issues coming up- with me (I was sick for many months with bronchitis, my dad- needed a pacemaker and was hospitalized, Muffin needed 19 teeth extracted, and then Cassie getting her four teeth extracted and coming down with pneumonia-I haven't had a moment to breathe or a moments peace. All this went on for several months, and there just wasn't an opportunity to go there yet. Looks like I'll get there soon enough now, though. I'm going to call my Vet now. Will update all as soon as I talk with her.

Blessings,
Shellie
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!