View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
California. I've been to the VSH in Sorrento Valley in San Diego with Muffin. Yes she is five years old, so the surgeon says she has been living with this for a long time and has compensated for it, so far. They are not sure about the liver shunt, as the the doctor did not see a shunt during the tests, but Cassie was not holding still for them. Her numbers were elevated on the tests they did, before and after, but...the doctor says they were quite low even though they were elevated and she has never had a problem recovering from anesthesia, so the doctor is not very sure about the liver shunt. She might have some other lesser condition with the liver, I forget the name, micro something or other, but they really can't tell anything without a liver biopsy. She has been through so much already. I am so very sad for her. The thing is she is just soooooo tiny. So very tiny. I keep thinking surgery oon such a tiny thing is certain death. I just can't stop crying.
No, not certain death... if they can do a dental on her she should do fine.... if it's even necessary. I wouldn't worry yet so much about the liver, the AAI is more important to have evaluated first.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!