Thread: Fleas
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
taxlady
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Fleas

Yes I know, fleas, bane of our existence and here in So Cal it's a year around fight and this time of the year even more so it seems. OK I use the advantage II flea/tick/heart worm, we tried the comfortus, couldn't get the pill down or even the crushed meds eaten, I think we have tried most every brand on the market. Except the collar which I don't think works. SO anyway went to the vet for more advise, best place right? Her comment " your bathing the dog too much and washing off the flea protection". OK Sprocket gets a bath about 7-10 days, hypoallergenic shampoo, no conditioner. I THOUGHT THE FLEA STUFF WAS WATER PROOF. BUT she has a shampoo recommended by the manufacturer of flea stuff shown not to wash off the meds "as much" to me sounds like a come on. Otherwise my options are more meds, just a regular dose of flea meds in between the flea/heart worm one, which is not good, less washing and a stinky dog, or fleas on my dog and in my house, also not good. Thoughts, ideas, anything?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!