View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

What a doll!

That should be fine leaving her in there for 2 1/2 hours. She's on the younger side so she will probably whine/cry for a little when you're leaving her alone. Eventually she'll get used to it. I'd leave her access to water and maybe a toy with cozy blankets and whatnot. My guess is that she'll probably sleep most of the time that you are gone. I always have a blanket over the top of the crate just to give that feeling of security while also allowing Toki to look out the front of the crate and see what's going on!

As long as you don't have a collar on her or anything that can get caught on the sides of the cage, she should be fine and not in danger of hurting herself.

We just gate off the kitchen now that Toki is older and more trained but when she was a puppy at 12 weeks or so, I would leave her for a couple of hours in her crate while I was at class and she was just fine. I would recommend some type of water bottle over a dish though...Toki capsized her water dish a couple of times before I learned my lesson on that!
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!