View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #15
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

How crippled/deformed are these pups? Breeding a father/daughter is not always going to result in problems. Of course they should never have bred them in the first place since they didn't know what they are doing. Inbreeding is something that should only be attempted by those who have a full knowledge of canine genetics. But you are now asking if the pups should be euthanized. So, I am going to go with that -- it all depends - are they in pain? Do they have a chance at survival? I believe if they have a chance to survive, then they should be allowed that life. You are right that a rescue would be the best bet for taking care of puppies with health problems. But again, this hinges on WHAT exactly is wrong with the pups? If you are really wanting to help, I would contact the shelter he took the puppies to and see what needs to be done to stop them from being killed. Then contact the local Chi Rescue and go from there. If there is not a Chihuahua rescue around you, try a small breed rescue. Sometimes they just combine when resources are slim. Good luck! I hope you can save them!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!