View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
roho
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default HELP! Worried and need some opinions on a puppy.

Hey guys,
I am a first time yorkie purchaser and im a little bit worried about a pup ive pretty much got my mind set on.
She is 5 almost 6 weeks old, 1.6 lbs. She is the runt of the litter. My breeder says in the past the runts have grown to be very small. Somewhere between 4.5-5.5 lbs, and she does not expect this little one to get any bigger than that. I really wanted a small yorkie at first, but the thought of her growing up to be not big enough and having health issues really scares me. It would break my heart if i lost a puppy so young. The dad is 5lbs, mom is quite big almost 8 lbs , and i was told she usually has litter of 5-6, but this time she had a litter of 8! Could that contribute to the stunting of my yorkies growth progress? She has significantly smaller paws/face than her brothers and sisters. What do you think her adult weight will be? Is that an unhealthy weight? Should i get one of the bigger ones that are around 2.3 lbs? I have attached photos.
Attached Thumbnails
HELP! Worried and need some opinions on a puppy.-photo-2-.jpg   HELP! Worried and need some opinions on a puppy.-photo-3-.jpg  
roho is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!