View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Sandysbabies
YT 2000 Club Member

Well, what a day. Kayla continued to throw up and about 4:30 this afternoon she started throwing up blood. Called the vet back and he said it did not want me driving that far with her and to take her to the emerg. vet. I told him I would just take her back to my ole' vet because she is like 4min. at the most from me. They gave her a shot to stop the vomiting. SOmething to coat her stomach and antibiotics. She said to stop the meds because all you can do is try to conrol it, the meds are not a cure. He said to give her ice water. Old vet, said not to give her cold water right now. They said not to give her anything to eat until morning. Her fever again hit 104. I brought her home put alcohol on her pads and even though the house was cold I turned fans on her. The blood just really freaked me out. I think with her I am going to stay close to home and continue to use my old vet. I need someone that can help quick. Probably will continue to take Lexi to him. Have you ever just been so totally confused, you didn't know which way to go. I have spent over 600.00 in 2 days and have no answer. My ole' vet said surgery is the only thing when it gets to be severe and she doesn't really like the idea of that sugery. She said you just have to manage it and take care she doesn't get stressed out in more than possible. Like I said, what a day....
Sandysbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!