View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
Pinky94
YT Addict

Well, if you're 14, then your mom should really be making this decision.

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago. I, foolishly, decided to go ahead and get the puppy anyway and hoped that there would be nothing wrong with her. They wouldn't refund my deposit which was $500 and at the time that seemed like too much to lose. I wish I had known then what I know now to fully grasp the situation. Sad thing is I went through this company bc I was trying to avoid a puppy mill. They had celebrity testimonials on their website and even told me Presidents (yes, US Presidents, that should've been a red flag) got their dogs from them.

My puppy arrived sick and died 3 days after I got her. In those 3 days, I fell in love with her, watched her be in horrible pain, and then die. Of course, the vet bills were huge. But worst of all is the pain I felt, and still feel, from having to helplessly watch this tiny little puppy be sick and die. Not only was I heartbroken, but I subjected my family to the same pain as they also fell in love with her. Having to tell my 10 year old brother that the puppy he adored had died and watching him cry like a baby over it made me feel like a POS.

There's some comfort in knowing I did everything I could do for her and I'm glad that she got to know love and affection and didn't just die in a cage somewhere. But would I do it again? No. I loved her, and I still do, but you can't even imagine the pain and the guilt you will feel if the same thing happens to you. And that's that I was 22 when it happened and much more emotionally (and financially) equipped to deal with the situation than you will be. My advice is not to get this puppy. It's a hard decision, believe me - I know, but I can assure you it will be for the best. Even if the puppy is fine, you will be supporting puppy mills and the only way to shut them down is to stop keeping them in business.
Pinky94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!