View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxodoglover89 View Post
I have always been a huge fan of the Blue Buffalo company. Sasha each Blue Buffalo Wilderness formulas and does fantastic on the food. We're currently in the process of also changing my parent's new puppy over to Blue Buffalo Small Breed Puppy. I do have to be honest though that Blue Buffalo is a very rich food and not all dogs can tolerate it. If you're going to switch, I usually recommend to transition over a period of a few weeks introducing the food slowly. With my parent's puppy, he came to us eating Iams Puppy from the breeder so I'm doing about a week at a time transitioning....75 old/25 new, 50/50, 25 old/75 new and then finally all Blue.

I know there's quite a few people on here who feed Royal Canin and their dogs do wonderful on the food. I've never been a fan though because I don't like some of the ingredients in the food, but I don't bash anyone for feeding it. You have to feed what's right for your dog.

Toki's had a couple of the BB formulas and done well with them. Looking at the 2 ingredient lists, I like the BB a whole lot better. I recognize a lot more ingredients...nothing too funky going on. I'm kind of iffy on the corn and wheat products in RC but a lot of people feed it with success. In the end, you should just use whatever your yorkie does best on since each dog will react differently to different formulas.
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!