Thread: Confused mommy
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
fenway723
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Confused mommy

Hi everyone! This is my first post.. hate that it is under the "sick" section. So my 2 year old yorkie Fenway has been vomiting the past couple of weeks. He has never had the best appetite and is very finicky about when and how much he eats. Several months back we switched his food from science diet to BLUE. We wanted to try an "organic" brand. He has been eating it just fine since we changed(still finicky of course), but the past couple weeks he acts like he doesn't want to eat then he will throw up bile because his stomach is empty. At the same time you can hear his poor belly gurgle. However, there are days he will eat then throw up what appears to be his actual food a couple hours later. So this all started a couple weeks ago and it occurs maybe a couple times a week. Over the past couple days his stool has become soft/loose and more yellow in appearance. Yesterday he vomited once, ate some more, then vomited again. He also had 3 loose stools this am. It seems like the symptoms are becoming more frequent.

The thing that confuses me is that he has no other symptoms. He is happy, plays often, and his tail remains up. He does not have the appearance of being "sick." I took him to the vet this morning and he told me if I hadn't told him about the vomiting and change in stool, he wouldn't have thought that anything was wrong with him. So he kept Fenway today to run some tests. He checked for liver shunt which he said was common in the breed. So Fenway's X-ray showed that his liver was normal, if not a little larger. His BUN and albumin were okay, however, the one lab result that stood out to the vet was his lipase. The vet said his lipase was elevated more than 3 times the normal level but his amylase was normal. The vet said he had to review literature and try to come up with ideas.

Has anyone else had issues before similar to this? Sorry for the long winded thread... I'm just very worried and confused.
fenway723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!